Experience with Trade Compliance knowledge for setting up procedures and policies on different sites within a Supply Chain environment in the EMEA region? And are you also excellent with improving processes and focusing on standardizations in relation with export? Then look no further, because we are looking for a fulltime Logistic Trade Compliance Specialist in Amsterdam.
What do you do as a Logistic Trade Compliance Specialist?
As a Logistic Trade Compliance Specialist, you ensure compliance with export control legislation and company and client policies, processes and procedures for a high-tech customer within a supply chain environment. This position requires an understanding of export processes and terminologies to ensure compliance with different Government regulations of USA, Europe and Asia, such as Export Administration, Economic Sanctions, FTZs (Foreign Trade Zone) and FTAs (Free Trade Agreement). This position also requires knowledge of classifications (ECCN and HTS), dual use items, export license, country of origin, record keeping policies and restricted list screening.
In this role you also would be travelling between different sites in Amsterdam (20% of your time)
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Reviews business transactions ensuring customs compliance, including handling tariff classifications of imported/exported merchandise, valuation issues, country of origin determinations, and Free Trade Agreement-related issues.
- Proactively identify potential for non-compliance with export legislation in the business and recommend, and assist in, the implementation of corrective actions;
- Interface with internal and external customers on trade compliance matters;
- Identifies, coordinates and provides export, import compliance training across respective sites / regions;
- Make sure all shipments are according to regional compliance requirements (for example dual use items & packaging and labeling requirements etc.)
- Improve effectiveness of systems and processes with a focus on standardization.
- Participate in Trade Compliance meetings and discussions at the Business, Group and Corporate levels.
- Provides advice and guidance to senior leaders on the complex application and implementation of Government export / import regulations
- Provide support for compliance to business and resource units on adherence to corporate policies and procedures regarding import/export compliance.
- Consult with Transportation and the Legal Department as necessary for procedural and legal assistance.
- Assist business and resource units in developing a program designed to ensure compliance with import and export record-keeping requirements.
- Ensure that company locations have appropriate business-specific policies and procedures, consistent with best practices and company policies and procedures, and that appropriate implementation and training occurs.
- Identifies, coordinates and provides export, import or compliance training across respective business areas
- Coordinates and participates in periodic assessments/audits of programs to ensure that policies, procedures and export/import laws are being adhered to properly.
- Prepare audit finding reports and ensure adherence to corrective action plans.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure the correct process and guidelines are documented for successful shipment creation
- Improve effectiveness of systems and process across the global network with a focus on intra-company processes and standardization across the network.
- Value added projects / Drive Continuous Improvement across the network utilizing Kaizen techniques including process re-engineering, waste identification, and improving client satisfaction
What makes you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor`s degree in Law regarding export within Supply Chain or similar experience;
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with regional control and sanction laws and regulations
- At least three years’ experience with export import regulations
- Proven experience with audit practices and encryption regulations within a logistic environment;
- Proven experience and knowledge of US embargoed counties, EU sanctions, ANSSI requirements (France), shipments to Russia and Israel and free trade zone/non-free trade zone (Dubai).
- Experience with working in a high-volume distribution center environment;
- You are able to provide trade compliance training to XPO operators in the region
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills in English and Dutch
- Licensed to drive a car in Europe;
What do we offer you?
- A dynamic organization, in which your opinion and development matters;
- The opportunity to work for a Global account in the EMEA region;
- Opportunity to direct your own success and support from us to develop yourself;
- A new challenge in an entrepreneurial, open and informal organization;
- A pleasant work environment with good colleagues;
- Competitive salary;
Your future work environment:
As a Logistic Compliance Specialist, your workplace is situated in Amsterdam, where we service our international high-tech client. There is an enterprising, open and informal organizational culture. In this position, you will be reporting to the Business Support Manager. You will have frequent contact with your business partners at other sites and staff members.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies. Our work is important, competitive and satisfying. We're growing worldwide, and we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you.
Want to know more about XPO Logistics? Check out our video with the link below or visit our website nl.xpo.com
In short, this is the place where you want to work at!
For further information you can contact Julia Gerrits (Corporate Recruiter), you can reach her by phone on the number 088-5881000.
Apply by clicking the button and log in to leave an updated resume
“Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.”
XPO is een toonaangevende leverancier van geavanceerde supply chain-oplossingen voor de meest succesvolle bedrijven ter wereld. Wij helpen onze klanten hun goederen zo efficiënt mogelijk te beheren met behulp van onze technologie en diensten. Onze grootste kracht is ons wereldwijde team - energieke, innovatieve medewerkers van alle ervaringsniveaus en talenten die XPO een geweldige plek maken om te werken.
Klanttevredenheid, persoonlijke groei van medewerkers en duurzaamheid staan centraal binnen de bedrijfsfilosofie van XPO Logistics. Vandaag de dag behoort deze ambitieuze onderneming tot de top 3 van Nederlands grootste logistiek dienstverleners.