- Define and execute test cases with focus on system behavior, e.g. observed by user of the system
- Develop test cases for test automation
- Together with the development team. determine the level of each test case (Unit, Component, Automated System Test or Manual System Test
- Work with feature development teams to understand and clarify expected/observed behavior
- Improve specification quality by review, focus on clear behavior and test ability
- Develop test support tooling (scripts) that speeds up system level testing
- Enter found defects/errors in defect tracking system
- Report on test progress and product quality
- Contribute to creation of test management plans
- Working with agile development teams
- With multiple types of printers
- Work from a quality perspective, focusing on system behavior
The vacancy for test engineer is in one of the R&D System Development departments in Venlo. You will work in a project that develops high tech print systems. Focus is on the PRISMAsync controller software, which connects the printer with customer workflow software and has a UI that enables the printer operator use the printer to produce output in an efficient way. The project consists of some 100 people that work in multiple agile development teams. You are member of a team (software project manager, integrator, other test engineers) that focusses on the system behavior of the integrated product.
Test system behavior of printers/copiers with focus on the software of our PRISMAsync controller technology. This includes correct interoperability with customer workflow software that run on windows, unix or mac based computers.
- Candidate has at least a hbo/MSc, with a clear understanding of nontime software that implements large part of system behavior in complex machines
- About 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a tester in a hightech industry, or as tester working with complex products, including both software as hardware components
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows computers, preferably Macintosh and Linux
- Knowledge of test automation, Robot, Gherkin
- Knowledge of and experience with scripting languages in order to create test support tools. Programming languages like Python and web based languages is a pre!
- The candidate is able to make test matrices and has experience with exploratory testing
- To be successful the candidate has an open attitude, is accurate, result driven, well organized, systems thinking, and understand complex system behavior
- Candidate has profound knowledge verbal and written of English and Dutch