A dynamic role where you will be continuously challenged to further enhance your knowledge of Financial Accounting within an international organization.
This will be your challenge
We are looking for an enthusiastic, new colleague to join our Financial Accounting team. Our new colleague has a minimum of 5 years working experience and is eager to further enhance his or her knowledge of Financial Accounting. In this position you will have an important role in the monthly closing process, process improvements and treasury and cash management. Additionally you will have the opportunity to contribute to and learn from interesting projects such as the implementation of a new payment service provider.
Within your role you will be primarily involved in:
- Treasury and cash management – You will support the group treasurer with financial overviews and analysis which are provided to several external parties such as lenders and guarantee funds on a periodical basis. Next to that you will provide support in the cash management process of the Sunweb Group. Furthermore you will be responsible for the accounting of the various treasury transactions within the Sunweb group and the operational implementation of various treasury related topic such as for example the implementation of third party trust accounts or the switch to a new payment service provider.
- Administration of several entities– Within our team you will be responsible for the administration of several entities, this gives you a proper view of all the aspects of an entity and enables you to ensure the correct recording of the administration within the entities.
- Monthly closing process – The Financial accounting team plays a key role in the monthly closing process. You will contribute in this process by ensuring the correct recording of journals (including various accruals) for the different entities. Additionally you will be analyzing balance sheet items and delivering an active contribution in writing the monthly report.
- Local compliance– Within our team we are coordinating the local financial statements, VAT filings, CIT filings and ensure the compliance with laws and regulations. From this role you will work closely with our local accountants to prepare the annual reports, VAT and CIT filings and ensure these are compliant. As the team is structured by country each financial accountant has his or her specific country to look after and, together with the Manager Accounting, ensures local compliance.
- Continuous improvements – As the Financial accounting team, we are responsible for the accurate recording of the financial figures. Together with the team, you ensure the recording of journal entries is accurate (first time right principle). Furthermore, you will be involved in various projects around the improvement of internal controls, implementing and improving procedures and policies and together with our legal department optimizing our file management for various topics such as compliance monitoring and our procurement process.
Next to the above, there are several other areas in which you can contribute to the team depending on your ambitions and own initiative.
This will be your team
Our team is currently consisting of 4 Financial Accountants. In your daily work you will work closely together with Financial Controllers, Treasury department and of course the Manager Accounting and the Finance Director. Externally you will work together with the local accountants and local tax advisors in various European countries ensuring local compliance with laws and regulations and supporting the preparation of local financial statements.
****This is what you will bring****
Although you are recently graduated, and this might be your first job, you are full of energy, eager to learn and has a clear hands-on mentality. We are looking for a candidate who has:
- At least a bachelor degree in finance, business administration, or similar
- A minimum of 5 years work experience and the ambition to learn and grow within our organization
- Fluently in English and basic level of (minimum B2) Dutch is a must
- Critical thinking skills, great communication skills, and highly motivated
- Takes initiative and is result-oriented
- Knowledge of Excel, EXACT and Lucanet is a pre
Why join our journey?
At Sunweb Group we value proactive colleagues who are eager to find out new information, advice, and to reach out to colleagues for data to improve campaigns. Continuous learning and improving yourself are some of the key aspects to be successful, together with collaborating with different teams.
We bring personalized holidays within reach of the many, to offer a pass from everyday life, increase wellbeing and create lifetime memories. We want to accomplish to become the leading digital holiday expert, shaping the future of holiday experiences.
For you this means...
- You will come to work in an international, ambitious, and dynamic organization.
- Challenging environment within a young and ambitious finance team with space to grow,
- We welcome new ideas and entrepreneurship so we can learn from each other.
- In our Sunweb Academy, you can join "learning labs" for self-development.
- You have the flexibility to work from home.
- Work hard, play hard, so enjoy 25 holiday days plus 6 ATV days (based on full-time employment).
- Attractive discount when booking with our brands for you, your friends, and your family.
Is this your next challenge?
Do you want to become part of our team as a Senior Financial Accountant? Click on “Apply for this job” and send us your resume with a cover letter, before September 5th. The first interview will be in week 36, the second interview and an assessment in week 37/38 and before the end of the month September we hope to send you a proposal.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
****Sangita de Jong****
HR Business Partner
People, Organization & Culture
Building Experiences for People
Werken bij Sunweb Group