- This role is a key delivery position responsible for the Technology & Media Delivery implementation of Entertainment Products & Services across LG’s 12 EU countries.
- Designs and implement of Video Head End Architecture
- Performs vendor selection, due diligence and research
- Performs configurations and implementation of VIDEO HE environments
- Perform integration of Media Playout / Media Streaming within the VIDEO HE to support VoD, StartOver, Re-Start and NetworkPVR functionalities
- Supports capacity and planning modelling against requirements
- Works independently on assigned components as component owner with all Video and Media delivery systems vendors
- Write and manage test cases towards test/release management
- Actively participate and coordinate tests to verify new platform / component functionality
- Assist affiliates in setting up operational procedures to run/implement new functionality
- Provides knowledge transfer
- Provides handover documentation
Education & Qualifications:
- MSc degree level in a relevant area (network-, communications- or consumer electronics engineering
- Fluent spoken and written English
Knowledge & Experience:
- Some years of professional software development experience with front-end development and an emphasis on programming.
- Node.js (7), NPM
- Practical knowledge of some frameworks and libraries like Backbone.js, Lodash/Underscore.js, ReactJS, LESS, SASS, Angular.js, etc.
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and UX design skills including responsive design.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strive to use web standards to build solutions using semantic mark-up and CSS.
- Understanding of major browsers and the special considerations for their quirks and performance limitations. This should include some experience with progressive enhancement for mobile browsers.
- Understanding of animation techniques. In-depth understanding of CSS3 animations.
- Familiarity with server-side technologies and back-end frameworks
- Comfortable with version control software (Git, Gerrit)
- Familiar with issue/development tracking products like Atlassian Jira.
- Familiar with online documentation products like Confluence Wiki
- You will communicate confidently about technical issues even with non-technical colleagues.
- Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment. A proven ability to work with speed, decisiveness and accuracy to tight deadlines. A willingness work under pressure, while being able to move with changes in the underlying environment, whether these be business or technical.
Skills & Abilities:
- An interest in television, companion applications and social media.
- Agile and lean methods. Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with processing and presenting big data sets like TV-guide and Video on demand catalogues
- At ease and effective in operating in an international working environment
Inzet: 40 uur per week
Datum intakegesprek: zsm