BI and Data Science Manager
Amsterdam – the Netherlands
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Citco Bank provides fully integrated transaction, deposit, foreign exchange and credit facilities to our Fund Services and Governance Services clients. Operating in strategic global centres Citco Bank provides access to best of breed process and technology.
As Manager BI and Data Science, you will join the Data Governance department, which is responsible for business intelligence, data governance, data quality initiatives, and data management globally. The Data Governance department co-operates with all business functions on analyzing, instructing and implementing the design of data and reports directly into the Citco Banking Group Management Team. You will lead a team of professionals in different locations across the globe. Furthermore, you will be involved in multiple projects across the business that either need or change the data across the organization.
- You will lead a small team of data experts on a daily basis, ensuring the team delivers the goals and objectives of the business functions that are dependent on data solutions;
- You will set tactical goals and help determine long term strategic targets for BI and Data Science;
- You will research into new applications, practices and techniques (BI innovation and BPR) that can reinforce control, efficiency and promote growth opportunities;
- You will understand the data and information requirements from the business functions and determine the appropriate solutions to deliver the requirements;
- You will ensure proper testing of BI solutions and involve yourself in the BI Advisory Board to determine priorities;
- You will lead the ongoing tactical prioritization with the IT teams, as well as work closely together with the Manager Data Quality and Regulatory Reporting teams;
- You will involve yourself with design and build dashboards using business intelligence tools;
- You will develop management reports concerning data management and perform reviews of regulatory required data;
- You will be a contact for data stewards and data owners on specific questions on data, and participate in the preparation and execution of specific topics based trainings for the banks;
- You will help develop optimal processes around data;
- Take an active role in specific business projects.
- You have an academic backgroundin data analytics, computer science or mathematics or country equivalent in a related discipline, as well as proven work experience in the financial service industry, consultancy or aligned functions;
- You have at least 2 years of management experience leading a team;
- You have experience in QLIK, PowerBI or equivalent BI tools, as well as knowledge of complex data structures, data models and database languages (SQL);
- You are able to problem solve data requirements, working through request in a clear and methodical way;
- You have proven analytical skills, to assist the business on reviewing and presenting the data in a clear and professional manner;
- You are able to communicate to various levels of the business in a clear and effective manner;
- You understand which IT solutions are needed to optimize manual processes;
- You display knowledge of relevant data quality and data governance regulation;
- You have very strong communicative and interpersonal skills (in English);
- You are able to work independently as well as liaise with other departments.
Your well being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.